May 17, 2010

Sick as a Dog

Sorry readers, I'm under the weather today with a really bad cold and what seems to be an ear infection and an upset stomach. I don't think I'll be able to post much today.  But there's good news - because I have free expensive government funded health care here in Canada, I will be leaving work early to go spend anywhere from 2 to 4 hours in a clinic, to wait to see a doctor for 3 to 6 minutes, and get a prescription for an anti-biotic that I already know I need.  I will then proceed to take it for 70% of the prescribed period because I will forget to take it for the duration.  That's because my employer-provided drug plan combined with the free doctor visit  made the whole thing pretty much cost free and therefore it won't seem that important to follow the prescribed regimen.  So I'll feel better but I'll be contributing to the super-bug problem.  That's good news, isn't it? 

For you, you get to not read my posts today, so that's probably good news for you.  For me, the only cost will be those wasted hours waiting because the clinic typically has one doctor on duty and about 30 patients waiting.  Why such a bad ratio?  Supply and Demand.  Doctors are capped and therefore it is not as lucrative to be a doctor as (it used to be) in the United States.  You thought the DMV was slow?  Wait until you have the government rationing health care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disagreement is always welcome. Please remain civil. Vulgar or disrespectful comments towards anyone will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This